topic-184 | General Auto Transport Discussions | Forum

You must be logged in to post Login Register

Register? | Lost Your Password?

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – Maximum search word length is 84 characters
Wildcard Usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

No Tags
UserPost

8:03 am
December 5, 2011

Dave Campbell

Admin

posts 418

Several news outlets are carrying a story about fleet car lease owing the port authority fleetCar auto transport car carriers owes tolls$250,000. This is one from Bnd.com:

"FORT LEE, N.J. — A traffic stop on the George Washington Bridge may have yielded a jackpot for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Port Authority police say a car carrier owned by Illinois-based Fleet Car Lease was stopped at 9 a.m. Friday for having an inoperable E-ZPass transponder. Further investigation revealed that the truck had nine previous E-ZPass violations totaling more than $800.

Apparently that was only the tip of the iceberg: Port Authority spokesman Al Della Fave says the company that operates the truck owes the Port Authority more than $250,000 in unpaid tolls and fees."

None of the stories tell us if it was owner operators or company trucks involved, and none of them have any statement from FleetCar. I have a call into Joel Cox for an official statement form FleetCar.

Update: Second call placed to Joel, still no response.

Read original blog post

12:13 pm
December 6, 2011

Speedloader

Admin

posts 248

I've been reading about this as well – looks like they're ( the PAPD ) is going to be looking into alot more carriers then these guys – everyone behave !!

SL

12:55 pm
December 6, 2011

Dave Campbell

Admin

posts 418

Sounds like it is something they have been getting away with for a long time. FleetCar still has not returned my call, maybe they don't want to talk about it.

9:06 pm
December 9, 2011

carhaul1

posts 20

Fleet car has no company trucks so to say they have fleet owners and dispatcher trucks and they will not answer your calls as they will never admit they are wrong! You can bet that the owner ops will be paying this bill real soon! This is a company that does'nt pay fuel surcharge but tells you its included in your load pay!!  YEA RITE !!!! Fleet car is and always will be a RIP OFF LYING LOW LIFE business !!!! I feel Better THANKS DAVE !!!

2:19 am
March 17, 2012

Albert222

Post edited 7:57 am – March 17, 2012 by Speedloader

Mr. David Campbell, for me its really so great to get you in this
community because I always enjoyed your great analytical skill that you
shows out in the shape of stories. Thanks for your amazing work out.

Auto Transport –

No Tags

About the TransportFool Forum

Forum Timezone: UTC -6

Most Users Ever Online: 12

Currently Online:
1 Guest

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3
Forums: 8
Topics: 334

Membership:

There are 20208 Members
There have been 17 Guests

There are 3 Admins

Top Posters:

smoothride – 79
PAcarhauler – 46
Old Tex – 22
carhaul1 – 20
JOHNNY COOL – 17
Abiderned – 15

Recent New Members: aubramoffett, Jani5039actsooh, FawnCrand2, asdisdsk, AutoTransportDesigns, sleepdoc

Administrators: Dave Campbell (418 Posts), Speedloader (248 Posts), aaroncampbell (2 Posts)